As many would know, I am obsessed when it comes to comic book-related things and yes we are going to talk about the new Justice League movie because I want to!!!! Its kinda late because the movie came out like, 2 weeks ago but hey, time isn’t real. Well then, without further ado, let’s talk!
Justice League tells you about Bruce Wayne, who is fueled by his restored faith in humanity and is inspired by Superman’s selfless act. He enlists newfound ally Diana Prince to face an even greater threat. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to recruit a team to stand against this newly awakened enemy. Despite the formation of a groundbreaking league of heroes — Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and the Flash — it may be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions. This movie is set a few months after the events of BvS happened.
Before you continue to read — s p o i l e r a l e r t !
If you haven’t watched the movie, then I encourage you to not read what’s below! Read with your own consent.
I’m gonna say it now. It was an okay movie. It wasn’t great, but I don’t think it was necessarily bad either. I mean, there are a few plot holes that I can’t help to notice during the movie. The one plot hole that stands out the most was how Superman came back to life and then casually keeping his second identity still being Clark Kent. Whereas in BvS, it was clear that they announced Clark’s death on the newspaper. It was there for everyone to read. How would people think if they see Clark on the street? Wouldn’t they think, “Hey isn’t that the reporter who died months ago along with Superman? How could he be alive along with Superman’s resurrecti.. oh.” Come on, writers, you could do better than that. More about the bad? Here ya go:
- THE PACING WAS TOO QUICK!!! This story isn’t something you could put in a two-hour movie. They had to cut so many scenes that could’ve been crucial to the characters development. We barely have enough information about each character as an individual before they were smashed together as a team. I don’t think too much about their origin story because I already know about it either from cartoons or from comics, but for common people? That would be confusing.
- Steppenwolf sucked, as a villain. Its like they didn’t put any effort to make him a convincing villain.
- Sorry to say but BATWONDER IS GARBAGE get that thing away from me I don’t want to see it ever again goodbye.
But hey! Let’s lighten up a little. There are scenes from the movie that made me quite giddy, as what superhero-related movies should make me do. Here are some honorary mentions:
- Literally every time Barry Allen is on screen I smile because look at my child!!! The sunshine of my life. I’d die for him.
- Diana punching Bruce on the stomach when he brought Steve Trevor up.
- Diana stepping on her sword and it lands on her hand accurately.
- Victor saving Arthur and then Arthur just looks at him and say, “MY MAN!” because goddamn this is the character development that I live for I love them so much.
- “I sure hope this is east.”
- “You won’t let me live. You won’t let me die. Tell me, do you bleed?”
- Alfred’s constantly pointing out how single Bruce is.
- Arthur accidentally sitting on the lasso of truth.
clark: i knew you didn’t bring me back because you liked me
bruce, fighting back tears: i…,,.,.,i don’t…,.,,
[ source ]
Other than that, I would like to discuss about Amber Heard’s first appearance as Mera. Even though she got a small amount of screen time, I was happy to see her on the big screen nonetheless. Her costume was similar to the ones I often saw on comic books, which is great. Hope to see more of her in the upcoming movies!!!
To be honest, I was quite disappointed they gave the audience so little information about the Lanterns’ existence because they could’ve put Hal Jordan on the movie with very short screen time and I wouldn’t mind at all. I specifically said Hal Jordan and not any other Lantern because I want to see his chemistry with Barry. They are the perfect comic-relief duo that everybody needs. Their relationship is so iconic on every other media platform and seeing it live would be a dream come true. Hal was such an obvious piece that was missing from the movie. me @ dc: when will halbarry happen?
Speaking of disappointment, whY DIDN’T THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THE ROBINS’ EXISTENCE IN THIS MOVIE?!?!! Although they tease what I assume is Jason Todd’s costume in BvS, why wouldn’t they at least show it again in this movie? Or maybe make Bruce open up and talk about whatever happened to his sons. I really hope the Robins would be something that will happen in the future Batman standalone movies. Show me Dick Grayson in his Nightwing spandex suit. Give me Jason Todd with his leather jacket. Hand me Tim Drake with his intelligence and his pretty face. Heck, put Damian Wayne and his demonic attitude and I’d be grateful. me @ dc: when will you give my children a chance to shine?
By the way, the end credit scene gave me some suggestions about what will happen in the next movies. But before that, let’s praise Joe Manganiello’s appearance because FINALLY!!! DEATHSTROKE!!!! If Deathstroke breaking Luthor out of jail isn’t a lead up to Teen Titans then I don’t know what is. me @ dc: when will y’all make a titans movie?
To conclude about it, I think that the movie wasn’t perfect, but I enjoyed it. The fight scenes, the colors, the visuals, all of them was simply beautiful. The chemistry of the teammates were also very convincing. But it was also a messy, poorly-put-together film that has a story with a lot of wasted potential.
Yep. That’s all I wanted to say. I hope you find this post somewhat entertaining and useful to read. What you think about the movie? Was it good? Was it bad? A bit of both? Let me know on the comments! See ya when I see ya.